Monday 9 February 2009

Make do and mend

So. Recession, right? Back to the roots, make do and mend, etc etc. I'm rather ghastly at sewing and DYI-ing, but lately I've been feeling extremely guilty for spending a single penny on STUFF, when I already have too many STUFF in the studio that could work brilliantly with a bit of improvement. So last night, after someone bunked off on me last minute (not cool, man, not cool), I decided to cure my hangover sitting by the sewing machine.

Started with this extra-large 80's acid-wash baggy jeans, which arrived many months ago from one of the suppliers. I have a little obsession with acid-wash denim (more on that later), and those trousers were begging to be worn - but they were SO ill-fitting and unflattering, that no one did, and the poor thing have been sitting abandoned in limbo since.


I really wanted some baggy cut-off denim shorts (a la California-beach-stick-thin-babes), so, after a whole hip-readjustment-job, that's what it became:

Dress worn as a top Urban Outfitters, Belt Rokit, Leggings Major Tom Vintage, Ballet pumps Vivienne Westwood for Melissa, glasses NHS

Ah, feels good. All I need now is the Californian sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment