Sunday 16 August 2009

Rip Her to Shreds

I could've waited to do several posts with all these little DIYs i did in the past weeks, but i'm not very disciplined with this blog, so this is a 3-in-1 promotion :)

I'm very into the whole bad-girl, ripped-her-to-shreds look, influence probably of living in the dirty streets of east london :P And of course, influence from the several fashion blogs out there who are doing this very same projects. I think ripped jeans will always be the ultimate rock'n'roll symbol, along with leather jackets, and the Cheap Monday patchwork ones from the new Ann-Sophie Back collection are a great spin on it.

So based on it, I've put some scraps of vintage fabric on one of the legs, and the other i ripped using a seam-ripper. It took several hours, not an easy one this one.













and the cardigan... that's one a lot of bloggers did, and I HAD to do one myself. I'm wearing it back-to-front, as the back came out more succesful than the front.





and this is my version of the Topshop slashed vest. I love how it looks like ribs - "Horror Girls" indeed. I think it'd look better on a stretchy jersey tee, but this is just a primark one I stole from the Boyfriend.. I had to try it out on a cheap one :)







9 comments:

  1. I LOVE those jeans you made :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seriously loving those jeans with the colorful patches and the black lace. Very nice.
    xo,
    Fabulous Finds Gal
    fabulousfindsandco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ripped look, when done right of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The jeans are wicked - love the patched look!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow those jeans are amazing!

    what does your tattoo mean?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks guys! hannahlizabeth, the tattoo in the back means star in japanese :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I love the DIY thing...and this is just great. I met a girl yesterday who self-fringed her own tee. It was great. Keep the scissors sharp and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome DIYs!
    I really love that cardigan, it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete