Friday 10 April 2009

A Holiday Wardrobe

Alrighty! Been quite a while since I last posted anything here, but it all that Thai bright sun, blazing heat and crystal-clear sea blinding my senses, I could not think about clothes other than get them off of my skin.

So I spent a good 18 days in nothing more than a grey leopard print brazilian bikini I got as a present two Xmas ago, and a pair of silver Havaianas borrowed from one of the Australian girls (all my flip-flops snapped after a couple of days).

But on a couple of occasions I HAD to choose something to wear. One of them was a visit to the Grand Palace in Bangkok, where one must cover one's shoulders and legs. I didn't know that, but thank the Almighty Buddha that I took this vintage printed jumpsuit in my backpack. Can't look more tropical tourist than this, but hey, it was useful and comfy.

Then, the wedding, which was the main purpose of this trip. Remember the reference was SS09 Luella, all ruffles and nets around the face? Well, that's what I came up with:

This 80s dress has been hanging on one of Major Tom's rails for the past 6 months, and I couldn't part with it - nor find an occasion to wear it. I love the layered ruffles, the jewel colour, and the shoulder pads, which pretty much sum up *wedding-ness* (at least in the 80s). It served the purpose well, if it wasn't for the nearly unbearable heat and humidity - I felt like ripping the sleeves off at some point, and by the end of the night I ended up with a heat rash all over my legs. Oh well. It made for good pictures.

The rest of the journey I lived in not much more than denim shorts and vests, or playsuits (vintage and American Apparel), which get the problem of coordinating pieces out of the way. Not the most amazing options, but when the scenario is so overwhelmingly beautiful, why compete? :P


1 comment:

  1. love it!
    jeans + beatles tshirt + maxi bag + havaianas

    ;)

    ReplyDelete