Wednesday 4 March 2009

Shopping Heaven: STRUT, Stoke Newington

When it comes to shopping for vintage/2nd hand in London, I bet most fashionistas know that Brick Lane is the destination in the East. But not many people can claim to have found proper designer stuff amongst the heaps of shops and markets and charities shop on a regular basis, let alone for an okay price (around the £100-less price mark). Well, I think I just found it. A knew boutique called Strut in Church Street, Stoke Newington. They're a mix of vintage shop + second-hand concession store + designer dress agency with middle-class prices on the lower end of the scale. It may as well be called Shopping Heaven.

On my last visit (I need to pass by them on my way to the gym... god, give me strenght), I spotted a Fendi bondage cut-out dress for £80, an Alaïa jacket for £150, Thierry Mugler, Vivienne Westwood, Dior Cahsmere, Hermés... Some amazing fringed coats from the 60s, and a Prada sneakskin platform that sadly didn't fit me. I haven't bought anything yet (the guilt is playing hard here), but the Boyfriend found some Yohji Yamamoto black plimsolls for £40 ... and then, on seeing a little damage on the sole, shamelessly haggled the price down and paid £25. That's my boy.


*images: www.yelp.co.uk

1 comment: